Every week on Fridays at 1pm EST, 12 CST, 11 am MT, 10 PST we gather together on Twitter to play #SEOGOFISH, and this week was no exception. The topic for this week was Tools & Guides for Creating EPIC Content and we go a great set of contributions and quotes to share on the topic. If you want to see all of the tweets you can actually replay the tweetchat on Nurph minute by minute or sped up x64 as well. So let’s see what was shared this week!
Our Weekly Marketing Heroes
A tweetchat without participants is no better than an auto-repost from Facebook. These are the brilliant online marketing minds and brands who participated this week in our tweetchat.
Resources for Creating Epic Content
Don’t forget to keep your content relevant. If people can’t relate, then they won’t care. -Megan Pritts
- These 3 Types of Content Will Fuel Your Inbound Marketing Efforts
- No Words Wasted: A Guide to Creating Focused Content
- How to Produce Better Content Ideas
Count how many times us vs you appears on your website and marketing copy. If us appears more, change it up. – Print Firm
- What is Content Strategy
- A Guide to Creating Content in the Formats Your Audience Love
- 5 Ways to Curate Content for Your Content Marketing
Just because you have a set of data DOESN’T mean it will ALWAYS make a good infographic – Beam Us Up
- Feeling Uncomfortable: The Way to Create Amazing Content
- The Advanced Guide to Content Marketing
- How to Create a Content Strategy
(In Only 652 Steps)
Your content has to be a better resource than anyone else’s if you want people to come back to it. – Megan Pritts
- Conrad’s Content Marketing Bookmarks
- Boost Your Site Traffic With A Content Marketing Strategy – Case Study
- Content Marketing Takeaways
Tools for Creating Epic Content
“Tough for content to be epic if it’s not primarily unique.” Chris Bawden
- Plagarism Checker
- Copyscape – Scan for duplicate content
- Blog Topic Generator
- Content Idea Generation
- Test Your Headlines
Free Photo Resources for Your Epic Content
Always use HD, High quality images, and don’t be afraid to TAKE YOUR OWN PICTURES. #NoMoreStockPhotos – Beam Us Up
- 53+ Free Image Sources For Your Blog and Social Media Posts
- Blogger Beware: You CAN Get Sued For Using Photos You Don’t Own on Your Blog
- 10 New Places to Find Quality, Free Photos
Don’t forget to name your image file to match your Alt text. – Jeremy Rivera
Don’t forget to find images that are more than just low resolution stock photos, this is even more important in “boring industries” like urinal dividers, toilet partitions or steel doors because you need to stand out even more from your competitors who are hawking similar wares. You can do that by delivering a great website experience with big, clear, useful images.
- The Free High Quality Non-Stock Photo Sources You’ve Always Wanted
- Death To The Stock Photo
- Conrad’s Stock Photos
Join Us Next Week!
Each week we choose a new topic and throw out our best resources, so join us at 1pm EST and learn more about SEO and online marketing!